I started baking this treat several years ago, and it immediately won raves. The mixture of tart lime and sweet creamy cheesecake is absolutely scrumptious. At any get-together, it's a show-stopping dessert that's always enjoyed.
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream and lime slices
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the side of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream and flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lime juice, vanilla and food coloring if desired just until mixed. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and lime. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cool Lime Cheesecake in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p25
Reviews for Cool Lime Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review