- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream and lime slices
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the side of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream and flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lime juice, vanilla and food coloring if desired just until mixed. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and lime. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Cool Lime Cheesecake
"I loved this light tart cheesecake. I added a sour cream topping with a little sugar, vanilla, and lime juice and zest. It didn't really need it but I thought it was pretty. Delightful cheesecake."
"This is the best lime cheesecake recipe I ever found.This is the best and simple to make at home.Perfect ingredient and perfect method of making..I love it.. Thanks for sharing this.."
"I wanted to make a cheesecake dessert for our monthly office luncheon, which was featuring a Mexican theme, and lime was the first thing that came to mind. This is the first cheesecake recipe I've come across that had sour cream in it and I thought the silky texture and the tartness of the lime really complimented each other. It received a number of compliments and there were no left-overs. I thought the recipe was quite easy. My advice to anyone whose batter is lumpy and sticks to the bowl, you need to soften the cream cheese a lot more. My cream cheese was super soft and I had no trouble."
"This actually took alot longer to bake- at least in my oven. I love Key Lime Pie and I love Cheesecake- I think the two are better off not meeting in the same pie!"
"WOW is all i can say with a mouthfull"