- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place each loaf in a disposable 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover with foil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over meat loaves before serving. Yield: 2 loaves (3 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf
"i like this recipe iti is quick and easy to make. plus my family really enjoyed it. will make again"
"They ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting!! This is a KEEPER!!!"
"My husband does not care for meatloaf...and he really enjoyed this one!!! I will continue to make it from now on."
"delicious and very moist!"
"I've been making this recipe for over a year now. I add more brown sugar to the sauce and a little white sugar or splenda and less mustard and vinegar. It is absolutley fantastic! One of our family's favorites!"