Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place each loaf in a disposable 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover with foil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over meat loaves before serving. Yield: 2 loaves (3 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf
Sort By :
They ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting!! This is a KEEPER!!!
My husband does not care for meatloaf...and he really enjoyed this one!!! I will continue to make it from now on.
delicious and very moist!
I've been making this recipe for over a year now. I add more brown sugar to the sauce and a little white sugar or splenda and less mustard and vinegar. It is absolutley fantastic! One of our family's favorites!
good grief - don't use the foil pans if you don't want them ending up in someone else's backyard. no need to judge - she's probably "green" in other ways - just like you.