Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place each loaf in a disposable 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover with foil.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over meat loaves before serving. Yield: 2 loaves (3 servings each).
1 slice: 276 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf
"i like this recipe iti is quick and easy to make. plus my family really enjoyed it. will make again"
"They ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting!! This is a KEEPER!!!"
"My husband does not care for meatloaf...and he really enjoyed this one!!! I will continue to make it from now on."
"delicious and very moist!"
"I've been making this recipe for over a year now. I add more brown sugar to the sauce and a little white sugar or splenda and less mustard and vinegar. It is absolutley fantastic! One of our family's favorites!"
"good grief - don't use the foil pans if you don't want them ending up in someone else's backyard. no need to judge - she's probably "green" in other ways - just like you."
"As with any recipe, each family can make whatever adjustments they deem appropriate. I loved it just the way it was and washed out the tins to recycle. I really liked having the two loaves. With just 2 of us, one went in the freezer and leftovers from each loaf made delicious sandwiches the next day."
"And when you "just toss out the foil pans," where do you think they are going? To someone else's back yard! Reduce, reuse, recycle."
"Wow, sounds good but way TOO much sodium!"
"Sounds like a good idea, but I would want more flavor, so I would add the usual green peppers, tomatoes and garlic to the above ingredients."
"Oats are gluten unless you are using certified gluten free oats!!!anirose2"
"Also, using oats makes the meatloaf gluten-free!!! That's what I always do....no one knows except the gluten-free eater in your life who is SO excited!!!!!!"
"I use old fashioned oats for my meatloaf in place of bread crumbs, gives fiber and great texture"
"Needs some fibre!! I think i'll add some bran or oatmeal (just a little) to give it more texture."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.