Cool Curried Chicken Salad
"Curry and mustard complement the sweet fruit and crunchy nuts in this guilt-free salad. I like on a bed of greens or whole wheat toast, or scooped up with apple slices. Instead of chicken breast, try store-bought rotisserie chicken." —Joanna Perdomo, Miami, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the yogurt, preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; pour
- over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 323 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.