"Curry and mustard complement the sweet fruit and crunchy nuts in this guilt-free salad. I like on a bed of greens or whole wheat toast, or scooped up with apple slices. Instead of chicken breast, try store-bought rotisserie chicken." —Joanna Perdomo, Miami, Florida
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cool Curried Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2012
"A great combination of flavors!"
Reviewed May. 10, 2010
"Delicious! Even better the next day after it sits so the flavors can meld."