"Curry and mustard complement the sweet fruit and crunchy nuts in this guilt-free salad. I like on a bed of greens or whole wheat toast, or scooped up with apple slices. Instead of chicken breast, try store-bought rotisserie chicken." —Joanna Perdomo, Miami, Florida
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cool Curried Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review