- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl; stir in the oil, cucumbers and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cool Cucumber Pasta
Sort By :
This is one of favorite summer salads--an absolutely declicious way to us up an abundance of cucumbers from our garden. My husband likes it as much as the marinated cucumbers and onions his mom always made. I've made it for reunions, picnics, church potlucks and many other occasions and it's never failed to elicit great reviews. Thanks to my fellow Missourian for sharing the recipe!
First, this recipe makes twice as much dressing as is needed for this amount of pasta and veggies! Also found that our family just doesn't care for sweet pasta salad. But I did like the dressing itself and will probably use it as a vinaigrette for green salad sometime in the future. I think it's light but almost honey-mustard taste would be great especially on a green salad topped with fruit and nuts.
I, too, got this recipe years ago from one of my Taste of Home Magazines. I have made it numerous times and everyone absolutely loves it and request that I give them the recipe. Delicious.
This is a summer favorite for our family! I add some diced tomatoes to it for a little extra color!