Cool Cucumber Pasta Recipe
From Concordia, Missouri, field editor Jeanette Fuehring reports, "People say this salad is crispy, sweet and refreshingly different."
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl; stir in the oil, cucumbers and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 226 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cool Cucumber Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC