Cool Cranberry Pie Recipe
This cool and creamy pie has real holiday appeal. Many relatives and friends prefer it to traditional cranberry pie.—Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 1/3 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Add to gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Whisk thickened gelatin mixture for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add to cream cheese; beat until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Fold remaining topping into cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl; mash with a fork until spreadable. Spread over bottom of crust. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with reserved whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 506 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC