Cool Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato and couscous. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Place lettuce leaves on two individual serving plates. Top with couscous mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Cool Couscous Salad
"super it is great for this hot weather, it is very fresh and delicious"