Cool Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato and couscous. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Place lettuce leaves on two individual serving plates. Top with couscous mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cool Couscous Salad
"super it is great for this hot weather, it is very fresh and delicious"