Cool Coffee Refresher
For a cool and creamy breakfast beverage, try this quick recipe from our Test Kitchen. Freezing leftover coffee in an ice cube tray ahead of time will give you coffee cubes to keep your drink chilled without diluting the flavor. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the coffee, vanilla, yogurt and sugar; cover
- and process until smooth. Add ice; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 126 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.