Cool Coffee Gels Recipe
If you love coffee, you'll love this recipe. It's a simple dessert to prepare and makes a great impression. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Instant espresso powder and chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in coffee and 1/4 cup sugar. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. Pour into four Irish coffee mugs or 4-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with gelatin. Garnish with espresso powder and coffee beans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 182 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cool Coffee Gels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC