- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Instant espresso powder and chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in coffee and 1/4 cup sugar. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into four Irish coffee mugs or 4-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with gelatin. Garnish with espresso powder and coffee beans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cool Coffee Gels(8)
Sort By :
I've made this several times since discovering the recipe on here, and I've also shared it with many people. I haven't had a bad comment on it yet! The only drawback is for people who can't get past their coffee having a jello texture.
I also agree with the other review on here that says it only needs a small bit of whipped cream, if any at all.
This is a great recipe! I couldn't keep my kids out of it. Next time I am going to at least double it! I used cool whip instead of whipping cream, it really only needs a little on top if any. This would be fun to experiment with flavors!
This is delicious and to make it festive at holiday time, try adding whipped cream with a hint of peppermint extract and then sprinkling with crushied peppermint candy. Delish!
Loved it ..super good..thinking about adding a little bit of frangelico or kalhua next time
I can't wait to try this recipe--my mother made this when I was a little girl. She served it with a tablespoon of half and half poured over the gel.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >