Cool Beans Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cool Beans Salad
Sort By :
"A new favorite!"
"Simple and flavorful. Everyone loves this recipe, so we just keep making it. Great side dish with Oven-fried chicken!"
"I've made this dish many times and my family and friends love it! It's tasty and healthy. What a great dish. It's definitely a keeper!"
"Loved it!! I used a full bag of Basmati rice, 12oz, added an additional can of beans. I had pink beans on hand and I doubled the dressing so as to have extra on hand if the rice got 'dry' after the initial absorbtion. Was even better the next day."
"This dish is perfect as it is, but I did look at reviews and modify just a bit. I used pinto beans instead of kidneys. Used two big cloves of garlic instead of one, and I used a garlic press instead of mincing so people didn't get a big CHUNK. I LOVED using basmati rice, but I did mix some of the dressing with the rice before adding to the the veggies and beans so I wouldn't have a clumping issue. Used fresh corn (2+cups) only because it was available. Make sure to let it marinate for a few hours!! Thanks for an excellent recipe!!"