- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cool Beans Salad
Sort By :
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this salad! I have made it numerous times this summer and many friends and family have asked for the recipe. The only change that I made was using 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup of oil to cut some calories (doesn't need all that oil). I use about 2 cups of fresh corn, cooked and cut off the cob. It's great eaten just as is, or sometimes I add grated cheddar cheese and cherry tomatoes, halved, and I serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or in a wrap. Flavor improves after chilling for several hours...........even better the next day. Try it you won't be sorry!"
"I saved this recipe and made it many times! A family favorite!"
"A new favorite!"
"Simple and flavorful. Everyone loves this recipe, so we just keep making it. Great side dish with Oven-fried chicken!"
"Loved it!! I used a full bag of Basmati rice, 12oz, added an additional can of beans. I had pink beans on hand and I doubled the dressing so as to have extra on hand if the rice got 'dry' after the initial absorbtion. Was even better the next day."