This chilled soup makes a wonderful appetizer or side on a hot summer day. Bright bursts of dill provide a pleasant contrast to the milder flavor of cucumber.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cool as a Cucumber Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p47
Reviews for Cool as a Cucumber Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013
"Accidentally used vanilla yogurt (but countered that with sour cream). I was out of green onion, so I used powdered white onion and added 1/8 tsp. black pepper.Quite refreshing and simple to make."
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
"This soup is amazing! So easy and so good."
Reviewed May. 29, 2011
"Very tasty-we enjoyed it very much!!"