Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip
“I always keep this easy dip on hand—it encourages me to eat more fresh veggies. The light cottage cheese adds protein and calcium without the fat.” Melissa Hansen - Rochester, MN
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the spinach, sour cream, milk,
- Parmesan-Romano cheese, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 56 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot