Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the spinach, sour cream, milk, Parmesan-Romano cheese, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 56 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip
"No one knew it was cottage cheese. Tasted great. I did use a dill powdered mix instead of ranch dressing."
"I submitted this recipe so long ago that I now make it much differently. Now I use more like 1 tbls dill, 2-3 tsp granulated garlic, some dried parsley and black pepper (and sometimes onion powder). I do it a little different every time, but I agree that it needs more flavor than as written above."
"I tried this recipe, and I found that it needs... something. It was on the bland side, but the texture was excellent! I wonder if the prepared ranch dressing was eliminated and substituted for ranch dressing dry mix if that would increase the flavor. If someone tries this, would he/she post their results with their combination? Thanks!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.