Cool and Creamy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the spinach, sour cream, milk, Parmesan-Romano cheese, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 56 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.