Cool and Creamy Raspberry Delight Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- Additional whipped topping and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set (crust will not brown). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 4. For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in raspberries. Chill for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and mint if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cool and Creamy Raspberry Delight
"We love love this dessert When I am in a hurry I use fresh raspberries and Danish Dessert for the topping."
"AMAZING! This is simply fantastic. I always get tons of compliments."
"This is so good! I make it with strawberries instead of raspberries though."
"This is a great dessert! I have made it a couple of times."
"SIMPLY the best! Each and every time I serve this tasty treat everyone wants the recipe...I will be making this for years to come! XLNT!!!!"
"This is now a family favorite! My mom asks for it all the time and we seem to always have it. Awesome recipe!"
"This was FABULOUS. I thought it might be a touch seedy from all the raspberries, but it wasn't. My mom doesn't like raspberry but this can be made with other fruits/gelatins (like strawberries)."
"I made this today for company, it was wonderful. No leftovers, darn it. Will definitely make it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.