Cool and Creamy Raspberry Delight Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- Additional whipped topping and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set (crust will not brown). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 4. For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in raspberries. Chill for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and mint if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 306 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cool and Creamy Raspberry Delight
"AMAZING! This is simply fantastic. I always get tons of compliments."
"This is so good! I make it with strawberries instead of raspberries though."
"This is a great dessert! I have made it a couple of times."
"SIMPLY the best! Each and every time I serve this tasty treat everyone wants the recipe...I will be making this for years to come! XLNT!!!!"
"This is now a family favorite! My mom asks for it all the time and we seem to always have it. Awesome recipe!"
"This was FABULOUS. I thought it might be a touch seedy from all the raspberries, but it wasn't. My mom doesn't like raspberry but this can be made with other fruits/gelatins (like strawberries)."
"I made this today for company, it was wonderful. No leftovers, darn it. Will definitely make it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.