Cool 'N' Creamy Chocolate Pie
My mother-in-law fixes this pie often for family get-togethers. It's one of my husband's favorite desserts. My two sons love it as well.Christie Pyle, Owasso, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or
- until thickened; set aside. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese
- and confectioners' sugar until blended. Mix in 1 cup whipped
- Spread into crust. Top with pudding mixture and remaining whipped
- topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 382 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.