Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
The unlikely combination of ingredients (including jalapeno peppers and strawberry ice cream) in this cool dessert creates a wonderfully grown-up version of a classic ice cream sandwich.
- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly; set aside to cool.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review