Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1. In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly; set aside to cool.
- 2. To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich equals 497 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.