Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches
The unlikely combination of ingredients (including jalapeno peppers and strawberry ice cream) in this cool dessert creates a wonderfully grown-up version of a classic ice cream sandwich.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly;
- set aside to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the
- bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno
- mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on
- a baking sheet overnight.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 497 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a