- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly; set aside to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p47
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review