Cookout Potato Salad
Instead of using all mayonnaise in the dressing, I used some plain yogurt. It really lightens up the dish and gives it a welcome tang. —Ann Grove, Greenwood, Mississippi
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Optional toppings: chopped Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, blanched green beans and salad croutons
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-18 minutes or
- until tender. Drain potatoes; cool completely.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt,
- mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes and
- toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with
- parsley; serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.