Cookout Caramel S'mores
My family doesn't often indulge in desserts, but when we do, this is a favorite. A scrumptious substitutes for that fireside standby, they contain just traces of fat and cholesterol, so the gooey goodies can be enjoyed with out the guilt.Martha Haseman, Hinckley, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 large marshmallows
- 4 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, halved
- 2 teaspoons fat-free chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Using a long-handled fork, toast marshmallows 6 in. from medium heat
- until golden brown, turning occasionally. Place two marshmallows on
- each of four graham cracker halves. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and
- caramel topping. Top with remaining crackers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 87 calories, 0.55 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.