Cookies with Pecans Recipe
My family prefers these pecan cookies to any store-bought variety. Self-rising flour makes them a little different from most cookie recipes.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 144 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC