As folks munch on these peanut butter cookies, they’re delighted to uncover the candy bar surprise tucked inside. —Delores Wallace, Jacobsburg, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 20 miniature Snickers candy bars
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg; beat well. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Insert a lollipop stick into a side of each candy bar until stick is nearly at the opposite side. Press 1 heaping tablespoon of dough around each candy bar until completely covered. Press dough tightly around the end of the candy bar and the stick.
- Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as Cookies on a Stick in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p173
Reviews for Cookies on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review