- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup red and green Holiday milk chocolate M&M's or butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until well blended. Stir in the M&M's or chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cookies in a Jiffy
Sort By :
"These are pretty good cookies. I prefer a crispier cookie, but great if you like a softer cookie."
"This is not really a recipe for "homemade" cookies. Once you use a store-bought mix, it's not homemade anymore."
"I just doubled the recipe, having not located a 9-oz. cake mix. A quick way to make cookies and they're so good! Kids should love them; but this adult does too!"
"Jiffy makes a 9 oz Golden Yellow cake mix."
"9 oz cake mixes are hard to come by in out area, so I use half of a regular cake mix.I mix the ingredients up, bag them and take motorhoming. Our favorite add on is the butterscotch chips. I've also used raisins."