I'm a cook at a 4-H camp. Our campers go wild over these crisp cookies with an excellent peanutty flavor.—Mary Green, Mishicot, Wisconsin
- 4 cups shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teapoons salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 20 dozen.
Originally published as Cookies For a Crowd in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p54
Reviews for Cookies For a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review