- 4 cups shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teapoons salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 20 dozen.
Reviews for Cookies For a Crowd
Sort By :
"I have been making these for years, ever since they 1st appeared in the magazine. It has been made many times for school & church events. Kids love them...although I have found that most prefer creamy peanut butter & none of the "optional" peanuts. When my "non-breakfast-eating" kids were younger, I allowed them to eat them for breakfast...healthier than a pop tart, I always figured! My college student still requests these!"