- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 8)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies and crushed Oreo cookies, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat the shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla in another large bowl until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Decorate the top with cookies and the sides with crushed cookies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cookies-and-Cream Cake
Sort By :
I cook for a retirement home and the residents loved this cake. Thanks for sharing. A thumbs up!
My family loved the cake and my husband said the frosting tasted like the filling of an Oreo! Will make this for them again!
Great recipe! My family loves Oreos so I knew they would love this cake. Thanks Pat for a great recipe that will most definitely be made again and again.
Made this for my Oreo-loving teenage daughter. After reading the reviews, I decided to add a layer of crushed Oreos between the layers of cake. Everyone enjoyed it. Would be fun to try with the mint flavored Oreos.
For Torogirl: You don't use the yolks in a white cake because it will turn the cake a yellowish color. By using just the egg whites it stays white.