Cookies-and-Cream Cake Recipe
If you like cookies-and-cream ice cream, you'll love this cake. Chocolate sandwich cookies are mixed into the batter and pressed into the sweet and creamy frosting for a fun look. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 8)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies and crushed Oreo cookies, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, beat the shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla in another large bowl until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Decorate the top with cookies and the sides with crushed cookies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 533 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC