Cookies 'n' Cream Fudge
I invented this confection for a bake sale at our children's school. Boy, was it a hit! The crunchy chunks of sandwich cookie soften a bit as the mixture mellows. It's so sweet that one panful serves a crowd. —Laura Lane, Richmond, Virginia
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into chunks, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-2/3 cups white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- Line an 8-in. square dish with aluminum foil; coat with cooking
- spray. Place half of the broken cookies in pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chips; cook and
- stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in
- Pour over cookies in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and
- peppermint candies if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.