This cake is the perfect size when you're feeding a smaller crowd and don't want leftovers. Chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies are in every biteful. —Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Additional coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water. Stir in chopped cookies. Pour into a greased and flour 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake; sprinkle with additional chopped cookies if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cookies 'n' Cream Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p236
Reviews for Cookies 'n' Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2015
"My whole family liked this. They loved the idea of the Oreos inside the cake! I added cocoa to the whipped cream topping just for a little more chocolate!"
Reviewed May. 17, 2010
"This is Great and my family this love so much yes make it again"