This sweet berry dessert makes an especially pretty final course in the spring. With berries, a creamy topping and a sprinkle of meringue cookies, it always earns praise. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 12 miniature meringue cookies, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the whipped topping, cinnamon and remaining sugar until combined. Just before serving, divide the berry mixture among six dessert dishes. Dollop with topping and sprinkle with cookies. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cookies 'n' Cream Berry Desserts in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cookies 'n' Cream Berry Desserts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review