"If you have a craving for cookies and you want them now, these yummy strips take just a few minutes to make from start to finish," promises Kathy Zielicke of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. "Nothing could be quicker!"
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine
- the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and
- mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 15-in. x 3-in.
- rectangle about 3 in. apart. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts if
- desired over dough; press lightly.
- Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes. (Bake for 8-9 minutes for crispier
- cookies.) Cool for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife into 1-in.
- strips; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium,