Cookie Sticks Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 15-in. x 3-in. rectangle about 3 in. apart. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts if desired over dough; press lightly.
- Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes. (Bake for 8-9 minutes for crispier cookies.) Cool for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife into 1-in. strips; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Sticks(7)
Sort By :
These tasted awful!
I'm a very experienced baker/food blogger. In concept, I really like the idea of cookie sticks, but I have to be completely honest and say this recipe makes the least flavorful chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted. They're not bad, but they're not particularly tasty either. Must be the lack of butter. If I were to make them again (and that's a big if), I'd try to boost the flavor by doubling the vanilla.
These are delicious; you would never know they were not made with butter. I just shape them into cookies and bake for 8-10 minutes.
These were great, fast, and easy to make. I also liked that it took only one pan to bake all of them. The recipe using oil instead of butter worked well because we actually ran out of butter right before we were going to make these!!
Choc chip cookie sticks! Easy and yummy
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >