The kids will have a blast making these fun chocolate covered treats. Decorate into flower shapes, smiley faces or even rainbows!—Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 4 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- M&M's® Brand Mini Chocolate Candies, optional
- Spread peanut butter over the flat side of 10 vanilla wafers, about 1
- teaspoon on each. Top each with a Popsicle stick and another vanilla
- wafer. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 7
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip cookie pops into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to
- baking sheet.
- Decorate with baking bits if desired. Freeze for 5-6 minutes or until
- chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container at room
- temperature. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie pop (calculated without baking bits) equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.