Cookie Pies Recipe
A sugar cookie crust with sweet potato filling, topped with pecans and caramel. Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 16 ounces Bake House creations Break ‘N Bake Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
- 4 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces Friendly Farms Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 24 Southern Grove Pecan Halves, toasted
- Berryhill Caramel Apple Dip*
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and place in a medium bowl. Mash until smooth.
- 3. Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Place a sugar cookie square in each muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Remove from oven and press down the center of the cookie to create a cup.
- 5. In a medium bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese and half of the whipped topping.
- 6. Remove sugar cookie cups from muffin tin and place on a platter. Spoon sweet potato mixture into cooled cups and top with a dollop of whipped topping.
- 7. Place a toasted pecan half on top of each cup. Drizzle with caramel apple dip. Yield: 24 cookie pies.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC