A dip and a drizzle turn crunchy cream-filled cookies into a deliciously different treat! Kids love these lollipops because they taste as good as they look. Jessie Wiggers, Halstead, Kansas
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (15.35 ounces) double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70%
- power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second
- intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of each Popsicle stick into
- melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- Place cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze for 15
- minutes. Reheat chip mixture again if necessary. Dip frozen cookies
- into mixture until completely covered; allow excess to drip off.
- Return to the baking sheet; freeze 30 minutes longer or until set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium,