Cookie Lollipops Recipe
A dip and a drizzle turn crunchy cream-filled cookies into a deliciously different treat! Kids love these lollipops because they taste as good as they look. Jessie Wiggers, Halstead, Kansas
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (15.35 ounces) double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of each Popsicle stick into melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- 3. Place cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze for 15 minutes. Reheat chip mixture again if necessary. Dip frozen cookies into mixture until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet; freeze 30 minutes longer or until set.
- 4. Melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC