- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (15.35 ounces) double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of each Popsicle stick into melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- Place cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze for 15 minutes. Reheat chip mixture again if necessary. Dip frozen cookies into mixture until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet; freeze 30 minutes longer or until set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Cookie Lollipops in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p41
Reviews for Cookie Lollipops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"Wow, what a simple and wonderful idea! I don't know how I never thought of it. :) Thank you for posting it. I just made them with my three-year-old niece and we had a ball."