Cookie Jar Nut Cookies
I started collecting cookie recipes when I was a teenager. These chewy spice cookies were some of the first I ever made, and they're still a favorite today. They can be found in my cookie jar whenever someone stops by.
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium,