Cookie Jar Nut Cookies Recipe
I started collecting cookie recipes when I was a teenager. These chewy spice cookies were some of the first I ever made, and they're still a favorite today. They can be found in my cookie jar whenever someone stops by.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Cookie Jar Nut Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p40
Reviews for Cookie Jar Nut Cookies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review