Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These tempting treats take advantage of store-bought oatmeal cookies, ice cream and peanut butter. You can roll them in crushed candy bars or nuts for an even fancier look. Just pop them in the freezer when you're eating.—Melissa Stevens, Elk River, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Peanut butter
- 12 oatmeal raisin cookies
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Spread peanut butter over the bottom of six cookies. Top with a scoop
- of ice cream. Top with another cookie; press down gently. Roll sides
- of ice cream sandwich in chocolate chips. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.