Cookie Ice Cream Cake
I discovered this recipe online and changed it a little to suit my family's tastes. It always gets lots of compliments because people love the hot fudge topping and unique cookie crust. My husband says it's the best ice cream cake he's ever had.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 44 miniature chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- Crush 25 cookies; set remaining cookies aside. In a large bowl,
- combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased
- 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup hot fudge topping on high for
- 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Arrange reserved
- cookies around the edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread
- vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread
- with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen
- for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of
- pan. Warm remaining hot fudge topping; drizzle over top. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 401 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium,