I discovered this recipe online and changed it a little to suit my family's tastes. It always gets lots of compliments because people love the hot fudge topping and unique cookie crust. My husband says it's the best ice cream cake he's ever had.
- 44 miniature chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- Crush 25 cookies; set remaining cookies aside. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Arrange reserved cookies around the edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Warm remaining hot fudge topping; drizzle over top. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cookie Ice Cream Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review