Cookie Fruit Baskets Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans and vanilla.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Cool for 30-60 seconds; peel cookies off paper. Immediately drape over inverted 6-oz. custard cups; cool completely. Scoop ice cream into baskets; top with berries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cookie fruit basket (calculated without ice cream or berries) equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.