“When visiting a friend, I helped organize her recipe collection into scrapbooks,” recalls Theresa Myslicki of North Fort Myers, Florida. “When I found this recipe, I asked to copy it. I served the elegant dessert at my bridge club luncheon to oohs and aahs.” TIP: Fill these five-ingredient cookie cups with any flavor of ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans and vanilla.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 30-60 seconds; peel cookies off paper. Immediately drape over inverted 6-oz. custard cups; cool completely. Scoop ice cream into baskets; top with berries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cookie Fruit Baskets in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p15
Reviews for Cookie Fruit Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review