Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Truffles
Sort By :
I first made these truffles many years back, when they were first published in Taste of Home magazine. My family and friends love them. I also made these truffles a few times for office gatherings and they were always a hit! I have been making them to add to my Christmas cookie trays ever since.
I made these and they are AMAZING. I had to leave out the nuts, so I just doubled the mini chocolate chips. :)
Remember this calls for CONDENSED MILK, NOT EVAPORATED MILK. I have a feeling at least one reviewer used evaporated milk. When recipe is followed correctly it can't help but turn out well.
What can I use instead of the condensed milk? I can't get that in this corner of the world. I prefer a non-dairy option but any suggestions are welcome! TIA
I have made these for years. FABULOUS & you can't eat just one.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >