Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
- 3/4 to 1 cup refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 26 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- ICE CREAM:
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1. Pinch off small pieces of cookie dough; place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 11-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Break into small pieces and set aside.
- 3. For ice cream, in a small saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl.
- 4. In a blender, combine cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Stir into half-and-half mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 5. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions (mixture will be very soft). (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- 6. For each batch, in a large bowl, layer a third of the ice cream, some of the cookie dough pieces and crust mixture; repeat layers twice. Swirl ice cream. Freeze 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
2/3 cup: 563 calories, 41g fat (24g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.