Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
My grandmother makes a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake every time my brother comes home. It inspired me to put two of my favorite things together—cheesecake and ice cream. This recipe is the delicious result! —Stacie Wash, Chesterfield, Virginia
- 3/4 to 1 cup refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 26 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- ICE CREAM:
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened and cubed
- Pinch off small pieces of cookie dough; place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and freeze.
- Meanwhile, for crust, in a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 11-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Break into small pieces and set aside.
- For ice cream, in a small saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Stir into half-and-half mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions (mixture will be very soft). Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- In a large bowl, layer a third of the ice cream, cookie dough pieces and crust mixture; repeat layers twice. Swirl ice cream. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Cookie Dough Ice Cream in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >